A Love Affair

Social media and I have a love/hate relationship. Well, maybe that’s not true, but it’s a relationship suffering from neglect—on my part.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Social media and I completely enjoy the time we spend together. I just can’t seem to find the time to satisfy it. It’s not that it’s demanding, okay, it is, but I knew that going in. There are just too many aspects of our relationship, it’s overwhelming at times.

Myspace is sadly neglected, I haven’t even seen it in months but I justified that with the fact I have two Facebook accounts. Truth be told, my daughter has taken over one of those accounts and other? Well, I connected it to my Twitter account so it could at least get to display the occasional tweet. Secondhand attention, I know.

But then I haven’t spent much time with Twitter lately either.

Is the affair waning?

No. I love Social media as much as I always have and I’m jealous of those writers who seem to write, edit and have a full, satisfying relationship with Social media. I’m afraid I just don’t have the skills it takes to juggle everything.

I haven’t even mentioned how neglected my blogs are feeling lately, and my website. Oh, my. I hope you’re visiting it, because I just haven’t had the chance.

Yesterday, I was eyeing the link to Romance Divas with yearning. It’s been too long since we spent time together and I barely got to know Coffeetime Romance, but I know we could hit it off. Goodreads? I think Goodreads isn’t speaking to me any longer. I get the occasional update but I haven’t had a chance to reply in so long, I fear the relationship has faltered.

I know every relationship requires time and effort, and perhaps I’m just not stretching myself quite thin enough. I've seriously considered taking a class to get to know Social media better. Maybe I'm just not using my time wisely.

Enough of about me. How is your relationship with Social media?

3 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Oddly enough about the same and I only blog. With the virtual world, there is so much there - to see, to do, to post, to comment... and then I am left wondering where did my time go....

But hopefully I will devise a place that will rock...lol!

Well gauging from this post.. I hope things get better!!

Kaily Hart said...

Lynne, great post!! I mirror your reservations about my own relationships. I've decided to take the approach of working on one at a time. I'll get to know it better, I'll nurture it for awhile and then I'll transition it to maintenance mode - deciding how much time moving forward I'll spend on it - so I can move on feeling good about things. It was my blog first. I think we're now getting on great and I've made it feel all warm and fuzzy. Now I'm moving to try and get acquainted with Romance Divas. We first met at the end of last year, but it was pretty rocky. I know it needs my attention every couple of days or so, but I think it's going to work out OK. Next is Twitter. Twitter TOTALLY intimidates me. It's hip and fast and may be way out of my league, but I'm going to try. I've been a wallflower for too long, but now it's time for me to take a chance and ask it to dance. I think I need to lot more experience before I try and charm FB, but we'll see how it goes. :)

Shawna Thomas said...

Hi Cecile, your blog does rock! : )

Kaily, I love your post. When you're on divas, look me up! Divas are some of the nicest people on the WWW. You'll love it : )