Five Fun Facts About Maintaining your Weight

Well, I tried and failed to do 13 Thursdays... too many things... So I thought why not five facts? I can come up with five of almost anything... I think : )Today I thought I'd share five tips about how to maintain your weight. I use all five of these quite often.... um, well, yeah. : )

1. When making brownies or cake, don’t use the mixer. Stir that batter by hand. I don’t mean a wimpy hand mixer; I mean get that wooden spoon out and stir, baby. This burns whatever calories you would consume when eating the finished product. Right?


2. Never, never, ever give in to your own craving. Buy one for your child instead and then teach him or her the value of sharing. Which, as we know, is an important life skill. Besides, we all know, there are no calories if it’s not yours.


3. Walk as you eat. This is a no brainer. Not only are you actually exercising as you eat, chances are, the calories won’t catch up to you.


4. If you’re eating chocolate like... I don’t know a handful of chocolate chips or M & Ms, add a teaspoon of peanut butter. We all know protein is good for you and will help you metabolize sugar and hey, peanut butter has protein. The fact that it goes really well with chocolate is just an added bonus.


5. Now this is a super seekrit trick I’ve used for years. Add a packet of maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal to your chocolate chip cookie recipe. Not only does this give it an excellent subtle flavor, it adds fiber to the cookies and, you know, that makes them good for you.

2 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

You crack me up!!! And yes, I do believe in a few of these actually. Like the value of sharing!!!
Have a great Friday hon!

Crystal Posey said...

LOL Awesome!