Under the Covers with Rachel Leigh

Hi Rachel, welcome to Under the Covers with Lynne. First important question. Silk, satin, cotton, flannel. What is your sheet of choice and why?

Cotton – cool, fresh, clean. If I want to slide off the bed with someone and onto the floor, I want it to be my choice and not the sheets!

LOL I agree and on a scorching night like tonight, cotton feels nice. I’ll scoot over *pats mattress* Let’s get comfortable. It’s a slumber party so calories don’t count. What snacks will we be munching on at midnight?

Chips and a salsa dip, yum!

One of my favorites. Let’s start off with a little game. Truth or dare?

Truth – I am a very honest person, but dares scare the life out of me. Sometimes ; )

Okay. Tell us something not many people know.

Sex in a Mini Cooper is highly recommended! (If you’re under the age of twenty-five, lol!)

Oh my! That sounds like an interesting story. You look very nice tonight. What are you usually wearing at three o’clock in the morning?

Shorts and a vest top – can’t do the naked sleep thing, and I have no idea why…

If you could take a date anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I am desperate to go to the Caribbean, I would love to see the Maldives, the Seychelles, Jamaica…

Summer all year long. Is summer your your favorite season?

Yes. I love the feel of the sun on my skin, or drinking a chilled glass of wine on the decking watching the sky turn pink at sunset. Heaven!

That does sound wonderful and relaxing. Here summer gets a little too hot for my liking. Let’s get down to business. How would you describe your writing style?

Fun, sexy, and great escapist fantasy

I like that! What surprised you the most about the publishing process?

The amount of time you can spend on promotion if you aren’t careful! I love interviews like this one; I love visiting other people’s blogs and generally talking with my readers and other writers. The only trouble is, you can spend so much time doing that, you haven’t anything written to actually get published. It’s a real case of reining myself in from time to time!

I hear you. When I’m promoting, I’m usually not writing. Catch 22. Who is your favorite character in your novels?

I’ve only had one erotic romance novella published so far but it is the heroine in my upcoming release Coming Back who is my favorite. Keep checking my website for a release date. Kelly is British and completely negates that stereotypical, stiff upper lip the world seems to think we have – this girl really doesn’t mind what she does or when she does it ; )

Love those characters! What’s your typical writing day like?

Hmm…typical writing day, now that would be nice! I work part-time and have two young kids so I write as much as possible once everyone else is happy and I know I won’t be bothered for at least half an hour. I write in stints around everything else…except maybe housework which comes in as a very low priority.

I think that would be true for most writers. ; ) If you could have lunch with one writer, who would it be?

Margaret Mitchell – I would love to ask her how Gone With The Wind came to be. It is such a huge, emotional rollercoaster epic of a novel that I wonder if she even had any idea how big a story it would become. I’d want to know if she sees Rhett, Scarlet, Ashley and all the other characters as we do or as they were portrayed in the movie. Lots of lots of questions!


And yes, it’s my favorite book of all time.

Big grin. I loved Gone with the Wind so much that I couldn’t just leave it. My first attempt at writing anything was a sequel because I couldn’t stand it wasn’t an HEA. What is your favorite part of being a romance writer?

That I can create my own characters and worlds whenever I want to – writing is a compulsion to me and I love it all. If I could write all day, every day I would be one happy and fulfilled person.

Least favorite?

Getting myself out there and publicly talking about my writing. I am a hugely shy person when I first meet people and to go out and talk about my work, especially erotic romance is very difficult but it’s something all writers need to do if they want to succeed.

My least favorite question is “What is your book about?” I freeze like a deer in the headlights. Doesn’t make sense. I love the book, love the characters…. You’re right. Us shy people need to step up and be bold. So that said. LOL.Tell us about your newest release.

Explicitly English is my first erotic romance novella and available now from The Wild Rose Press – it has received some great 4 star reviews which is fantastic! Here’s the blurb:

Laura Markham needs to forget - just for awhile. Be someone else for change - live as her parents will never have the chance to. And for Laura, that means leaving the City for the English countryside and doing just what the hell she feels like…wherever she feels like doing it…


British stockbroker, Stephen Cambridge knows by going home to his country retreat two days early, he's likely to surprise his contracted interior designer. And when he finds out she's the woman who performed the solo masterbation show for him on the inward bound journey, Stephen will do anything to further convince her to miss the outward bound train and stay with him forever…


Oh.. that sounds hot.... Do you have anything new in the works?

My next release is called Coming Back and I am waiting on pins for a release date from my editor. She is working on the cover art as we speak so I hope it will be available to download by the fall. Here’s the blurb as a teaser…


Kelly Hampton loved once...and lost. After two years of looking for Sean McKenzie in other men--and failing miserably--she takes a vow of celibacy. No sex until she finds love. Then Sean strolls back into her bar, reigniting old flames. No one has come close to understanding or satisfying her like he did. Her body burns for the passion they once shared, but her heart still remembers the pain.


Sean escaped Jessop Hill and his father's fists in the middle of the night without a word--even to his love, Kelly--to protect his battered mother, but he never forgot the explosively erotic relationship he left behind. Now his father is dead and Sean is back for the only woman he's ever wanted. Their reunion is full of fire – but can sexual attraction and noble intentions overcome years of heartache or will Kelly walk away to protect her heart this time.


I love reunion stories! Where can we find you?

http://www.rachelleigh.co.uk/

http://www.rachelleighromance.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Leigh/266044849655

0 comments: