Under the Covers with Tarah Scott


Please help me welcome Tarah Scott to Under the Covers with Lynne. I’ll scoot over *pats mattress* Let’s get comfortable.


First important question. Silk, satin, cotton, flannel. What is your sheet of choice and why? Cotton in summer, flannel in winter. I hate being cold. I hate being hot. Well, I hate being hot alone!


Good point! It’s a slumber party! Calories don’t count. What snacks will we be munching on at midnight? No calories! Be still my heart. Chocolate éclairs, almond rocha, and cheesecake—for starters. Heh heh.

Oh yum! That sounds good! When playing truth or dare, would you pick truth or dare? Probably truth. ROFL. I’m much less afraid of anything I’d have to say than I am of a dare I’d have to act on.


Ok, truth. Tell us something not very many people know. When I was a teenager, I often had two dates in one night. My mother used to tell me I’d get caught, but I never did.

That’s pretty daring for someone who doesn’t like dares. You like to live dangerously. ; ) What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? I’d say the most daring thing I’ve ever done was stand up to a member of the Bandito biker clan. I grew up in Southern Texas and was 17 years old when my sister and I went to Padre Island with friends. One of the guys we were with mouthed off to the biker and he pistol whipped our friend. Everyone scattered, except my sister and I. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Wow! That’s pretty scary. Not a very good end to a date. What would you consider a romantic date? I love jazz clubs and long, leisurely dinners.

Long leisurely dinners are awesome. If you could take a date anywhere in the world, where would it be? The Florida Keyes. That part of the world is so beautiful.

I’ve never been there. What is the best pick-up line someone has ever tried on you? Did it work? ROFL. OMG, I’m not sure I can remember that far back. A few years back a guy asked if I was a model. I nearly died laughing. I think I hurt his feelings. He muttered under his breath “I was serious.” No, sadly, it still didn’t work. I just didn’t believe him, but I appreciated the sincere effort.

LOL Maybe he did think you were a model! What are you usually wearing at three o’clock in the morning? HA!! Clothes, sadly. Sweats in winter. Summer; men’s boxers and a tank top. (Goes back to not liking being cold or hot. Heh heh.)

What is your favorite season? I really enjoy the change of seasons a great deal. If winter goes on too long, I start getting antsy.

Who is your favorite actor? Oh! I have quite a few. John Travolta (I know, I’m so old.) Nicholas Cage, and Antonio Banderas. Who doesn’t like Antonio Banderas?

Who wouldn't love that accent? Who is your favorite actress? Reece Witherspoon is tops with me.

What is a movie you could watch over and over? It’s a Wonderful Life

What is your favorite alcoholic drink? A good, aged scotch. That smoky oak taste is fabulous.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? The Florida Keyes. The weather is perfect—except during hurricane season, and I’ll be Europe then. Heh heh.

Let’s get down to business. How would you describe your writing style? Gosh, this is your toughest question yet. Edgy, colorful, vivid. I love irony and dark humor.

What surprised you the most about the publishing process? Some of the major differences in Publishers’ house styles.

Who is your favorite character in your novels? This is a toughie. My favorite characters tend to be the one I’m working on at the time. I do have a soft spot for the first hero I wrote in My Highland Love, Marcus MacGregor, clan leader and Marquess. He’s about as sexy as a man gets.

If you could have lunch with one writer, who would it be? Dead: Charles Dickens. Alive: Steven King. Strange combination. Huh?

Definately interesting. ; ) What is your favorite part of being a romance writer? Being a romance writer doesn’t limit an author to one genre. As long as you’re writing romance, you can write suspense, historical, paranormal…the list is endless.

Least favorite? Too many choices of things to write about!

LOL That’s not a bad thing! Tell us about your newest release. I have a recent release with The Wild Rose Press, a short collaboration with the talented KyAnn Waters. Double Bang! Heh heh. The title alone sums up the story. Here’s a little teaser
Sara Martin has a problem. And it’s not the attraction she has for her co-worker Devon Curran…or the lust she feels for her sexy neighbor, Rigg. Yes, those are problems. But she has bigger issues. There’s been a security breach in the impenetrable computer system at work. Suddenly Devon doesn’t look happy. And that is a gun in his pocket!

Devon is working undercover…and Sara is about to blow his case. He’d rather she blow him. She’s as smart as she is beautiful. But he’s lied to protect her. What will she do when she discovers he works with a partner? Tonight, they are going to keep her close…very close…in their protective custody.


That sounds wonderful! Any recent sales we can look forward to in the near future? Oh yes! I made a recent sale to Total E-Bound, the erotic Scottish Medieval, A Knight of Passion. Lady Riana Ellis will risk the fires of hell for those she loves. Can she let a man do the same for her?

Do you have anything in the works? I’m working on a paranormal/time travel that takes place in Scotland. My heroine, a Mississippi Deputy Sheriff, goes to Scotland to prove her former best friend murdered her husband. Little does my heroine know her friend lured her there to free a Scottish lord from an ancient spell.


Where can we find you? http://www.tarahscott.com/

2 comments:

Calisa Rhose said...

Great interview Tarah! You sound like me- I don't like too cold/hot either. Double Bang sounds yummy! As does your other books of course.

Tarah Scott said...

Hi, Calisa! So nice to see you. Thanks. Double Bang! is a very fun (and hot,) shortie.