A special Under the Covers with N.L. Gervasio

*Due to a blogger mishap, this did not post yesterday. Sorry NL!* NL and I have been friends for quite a while now. We actually got to meet in 'real life' at a coffee shop (where else?) not too long ago and I can tell you, she's awesome and I can't wait to get her Under the Covers. : ) And why I'm hoping she can forgive the late blog post. So please help me welcome NL Gervasio to my blog.

First important question. Silk, satin, cotton, flannel. What is your sheet of choice and why?


*shudders* I hate silk. It makes my skin feel weird. I'd have to go with cotton. Cotton breathes. Do you slide on satin sheets? That might be fun!

Oh yes, you slide all over the place on satin sheets. And yes, it can be fun. But for us, cool high thread count cotton. I’ll scoot over *pats mattress* Let’s get comfortable. Okay… knowing you, we’ll be up all night. Calories don’t count. What snacks will we be munching on at midnight? I just ate Circus Animals cookies. Does that count? Love those!

Love those. Pink or white? LOL. Okay, both. Let’s play a game. Truth or dare?Let's go with Truth! I'd rather not discuss my daring follies.

Oh come on, your daring follies are one of the many things that make you so interesting. But okay, we’ll keep it tame. For now. Tell us something not very many people know. Oh, that's tough. My life is like an open book, if one reads my blog or follows me on Twitter. Something not commonly known about me is that I am fascinated by ancient history, and I love archaeology and anthropology. So much so that it finds its way into most of my stories, which you'll be seeing within the next year.

Can’t wait! You look very comfy. What are you usually wearing at three o’clock in the morning? Since that's near the end of the day for me, I still have on my jeans, a tank, maybe a lightweight hoodie.


Practical and comfortable. I like that. I know romance isn’t your only genre, but there is plenty of it in Nemesis. If you could take a date anywhere in the world, where would it be? You do realize I haven't dated in like ten years, right? *sigh* Okay, I'd have to say Petra. I'm an archaeology and anthropology geek, and that's one place I'd really like to see. It's in Jordan. It would help if my date was into that kind of stuff too. Hey, it could be romantic!

Are you kidding? Can you imagine the sunsets, the sunrises? The heat would necessitate many showers… you know I have a thing for wet men. No, trust me. Petra sounds very romantic. Hot in more ways than one!
Do you like the heat? What’s your favorite season? Fall. Hallowe'en is my favorite holiday.

I see. If you could have any car, which would it be? A BMW 765 Li – it has to be imported because they don't sell that one here.

LOL Better sell some books. Who is your favorite actor? Living or dead? Dead would be Vincent Price. Living would be Vin Diesel for reasons known only to me. *drools*  that's not a reason.

Oh I think it is. Who is your favorite actress? Cate Blanchett

What is a movie you could watch over and over? Galaxy Quest. That's the first one that came to mind, but there are several. I'm such a geek.

Me too! LOL At least I love that movie A soon as the interview is over. Let’s watch it! What is your favorite alcoholic drink? White Russian

Yum. That drink always reminds me of my sister. I am one of those annoying, can I have a sip people. Hey, that way I get to try a lot of drinks. ; ) White Russian is my sister’s favorite. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Italy, because that is where my grandfather was from, and it's beautiful. I'd like to get back the family vineyard, if possible.

I hope you don’t mind visitors. I mean what better place to go for inspiration? And good wine. ; ) Let’s get down to business. Who is your favorite character in your novels? Shawn, my vampire. You'll see him again soon, but if you can't wait that long, he can be found on his blog: Gemini Rising (http://delaurenttwins.wordpress.com/)

I've met him and I can see why he's your favorite. What’s your typical writing day like? Writing or editing, they're both pretty much the same. I work late at night, mostly because I'm nocturnal, but partly because it's when everyone's asleep and I can actually get work done without being disturbed. Essentially, I just write until I'm tired enough to fall asleep. That's one of the advantages to not having children.

If you could have lunch with one writer, who would it be? Patricia Briggs! I love her Mercy Thompson series.

You and me both! What is your favorite part of being a romance writer? This is only the second romance (lacking paranormal) book I've ever written, so it's kind of like trying on new shoes. Ooh! We love shoes, don't we? I'm such a shoe whore. I just love falling into the worlds I create, regardless of whether or not it's romance or paranormal or horror. Yes, I write that too.

You know I adore shoes! I love the comparison. What’s your least favorite? Editing new plots in after having written the damn thing. Yes, I had to do that with this book and it damn near screwed everything up!

Tell us about your newest release and by the way, I love the cover. I call it a darker Cinderella story on the seedier side of life. It's about a woman—Nemesis—who works as a bartender at a gentleman's club in Phoenix. She's been looking for her Prince Charming and basically doesn't think the man exists at this point, as she's been through two already. She's also the only daughter of mafia don Michael Mussolini and tries with great difficulty to stay out of the family business, even though she's shown one hell of an aptitude for it. Her boss, Clancy Dolan, is more than meets the eye. Aside from lusting after the man for the past year that she's worked for him, Nemy (as her friends call her) discovers he's not much different than her father, which makes her want to run like hell from him.

Do you have anything in the works? I have several things in the works, some of which is paranormal, and some of which doesn't include the hot scenes like those in Nemesis. I'll be revamping (pun intended) my Prophecy series, beginning with The Vampyre Prophecy, out this fall.

Where can we find you?

My blog: http://jinxiesworld.wordpress.com/ (Jinxie's World)

Other blog: http://nlgervasio.wordpress.com/ (Unclouded Perspicacity)


Zombie Survival Crew: http://zombiesurvivalcrew.com/



0 comments: