A few days ago


my soon to be Scarlet Rosette, FIRST DATE posted to The Wilder Rose Press’s ‘Coming Soon’ page. Needless to say, I was excited. This is one step closer to published, to my dream. *big happy sigh*

On the site, next to the title of the book, is a little counter that tells you how many times the link has been used.


Can you guess where this is going?

That day and the next, I became aware of the strength of one of my… personality quirks. Okay fine. I’m a bit neurotic.

So, you want to guess how many times I checked the site to see where my book fell in the number category? Really I couldn’t hazard a guess. I tried to keep it down to once every 30 minutes. Yeah, that bad.

I’ve taken a deep breath and I’m only checking once, maybe twice… (okay three times) a day.

I think when my book releases; I might need to be sedated.

So are any of you a little compulsive when it comes to checking out numbers and *gulp* sales? Or are you cool as a cucumber? And if you are cool as a cucumber, want to let me know how?

6 comments:

Cari Quinn said...

I noticed that and thought it was cool you had so many hits!

Lynne, we're going to have to keep each other sane, I think, because I'm the same way you are. Once my book comes out, I'm going to be all over the bestseller list, and I *know* that way lies madness. LOL

Oh, and I put you up among my favorite authors on my blog. :)

Shawna Thomas said...

Cari,

Thank you!

Sane? What's that? LOL. I just got back from TWRP's Coming soon page and clicked on Full Disclosure. Tell you what, we'll take turns talking each other down when the times comes. "Back away from the refresh button."

Off to tweet about Full Disclosure now. : )

Helen Hardt said...

Getting on the coming soon page always feels good. Makes it that much more real ;). Enjoy the ride, Lynne!

Shawna Thomas said...

Thank you Helen. I'm trying to remember that in the middle of the whirlwind of 'things to do now'.

Lia Slater said...

LOL! Oh, yeah. I'm about neurotic as they come.

Lia Slater said...

PS - Congrats!!